Wednesday, May 15, 2013

By His Stripes We Are Healed!

I have been meaning to catch you all up on the birth of Landon and all the wonderful things that have gone on since he was born. However, just as I was beginning to get into a groove and get into a schedule with Landon and Cameorn I got extremely sick.

 It happened a little over three weeks ago. I woke up and was nursing Landon, finished, and got Cameron up. All of a sudden I had a major stabbing pain right under my breast bone. I pushed through making Cameron his breakfast and even tried to eat something myself. After making it back upstairs I started throwing up (sorry there isn't another way to put it). This lasted several hours. Around 1 p.m. I had to have Debbie come home from work and keep the kids because I was so sick! Justin was working over an hour away and couldn't get home fast. This continued into the next day and all I could do is take hot showers and crawl back into the bed. Literally crawl from the bathroom to the bed on my hands and knees because I was in so much pain! Justin was caring for me but I was in so much pain I couldn't stand. I just thought I had a bad flu bug and would get over it in a day or so, not the case.

I didn't want to go back to the doctor because we had been there so much with Landon. Nothing serious with Landon but I will explain in a later posting. I had a bad bug back in the fall while pregnant and just thought I could get over it like I did back then. I honestly hate going to the doctor if I don't have to. Thursday night I thought I was starting to feel better, but after feeding the baby I started feeling horrible again (around 10 p.m.). I was extremely cold and couldn't get warm but my body was VERY hot and I was burning up with fever. I told Justin  I was going to go take a shower to try and warm up. It was dark and I accidently opened the door and hit myself in the head. It sounds funny but I blacked out and my body turned to jello. I called Justin's name and he caught me as I was on my way down.

I ended up downstairs in our guest room because Landon was cranky and I didn't want him waking Cameron. Again, I thought I could handle it since I had felt a little better earlier in the evening. As the night continued on I got worse, again. I had pains like I had never felt before. Debbie gets up around 5:30 for work and I had hardly slept a wink. I heard her in the hallway and called to her, she took the baby and called in to work again. About an hour later, I heard her walk through the hallway and I called to her. I had tried my best to call out but was in so much pain I couldn't yell or sit up to throw something at the door to get her attention. I asked her to please go wake Justin up because I needed him to take me to the hospital.

Arriving at the hospital they immediatley sent me back. I told them what I thought it was and since I knew it wasn't my gallbladder they took several tests and ruled out everything else I thought it was. The doctor came back in and did a little test where I had to sit up, which was very painful, and he tapped on my stomach and my back. This test was to see if I had appendicitis. While doing this little test the nurse was putting in an IV because I was so dehydrated. Folks, that was one of many painful IV's ever put in my hand. I cried the entire time she was putting it in.  So after the doctor did his little test he sent me for a CT and the results of the test came back positive for appendicitis!!

Since the hospital here in our little town is considered a rural one they had to send me to Springfield by ambulance to have emergency surgery on my appendix! After being there for the afternoon I finally made it back to the surgery wing. After meeting the surgeon very quickly he told me that there might be a chance that my appendix might have ruptured. He also told me that if that was the case I would have to stay there for 3 or 4 days!! I was praying that wasn't the case becasue I wanted SOO badly to get back home to my new baby and sweet boy! The day I had surgery Landon was exactly 4 weeks old. After surgery all I remember is being taken to my room and Justin coming in.

The next day the doctor came in and told me that my appendix had ruptured and I had been living with it for several days. VERY serious! The toxins had begun attaching to my bowels and Gangrene had actually set in. The doctor told me that had I not come in it could have been even more serious. Fatal.

That Monday my grandmother flew in from Georgia. Justin and Cameron met her at the airport and then they came up to see me. Since the doctor told me if I was doing well enough I could go home Monday or Tuesday. Well, I wanted out of there as soon as I could go! So I pushed myself to walk, eat and get up without any help. It was hard but I did it! I wanted home so I could see my baby and to try and get back to normal.

My grandmother's visit had been planned for a while and I was so thankful that she came. Debbie was able to work from home the rest of the week and between her, my grandmother and Justin I was able to rest and heal. I am so thankful for them.

Not only am I thankful for them, but I am so greatful for my life! I have no words for how I feel and how much I thank the Lord for healing me. When you actually have an "event" happen like that it makes you think about things a little differently. Makes you realize what is most important in life and making sure that you are ready to go at any moment. What a wake up call.

Isaiah 53:5
"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed." NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment