Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Texas Vacation ~ Renaissance Festival

We are having a wonderful vacation and on Sunday we had quite an experience! We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival. We had a great time walking around just looking in some shops and watching people! Justin got his Turkey leg he was wanting and had been talking about for months, lol. He tore that thing up! I had never seen a piece of meat gone so quickly. Cameron also got into the action! (Pictures to come) My child will eat anything and I do mean anything, ha ha. Each weekend is a different 'theme' and this weekend just happened to be the 1300-1400 theme. Everyone dressed like Barbarians/Vikings and Romans. We also saw some people dressed as goodness only knows what. A lot of people that came dressed up. Not quite my thing as far as everyone dressing up, but it made for some interesting people watching. Everyone spoke in "Mi-Lords" and "Mi-lady" ... it was neat. I am glad that I got to experience it. It took about 4.5 hours to walk through it. Well, we did stop and rest a few times because I was getting tired. We also got to watch some jousting and old-fashioned 'knight' games. 

It was an experience that we will never forget, that's for sure! This whole vacation has been wonderful, thanks to my sweetheart.

Well, thanks to my mother-in-law I have found a way to upload pictures! Wahoo! The next posting will be nothing but pictures.

Hope you enjoy!

Happy Tuesday! (Election day, hope you all voted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment