Thursday, November 1, 2012

Texas Vacation : Part 1 - Houston Zoo

Oh how I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera cord! I have so many wonderful pictures to post already!

Yesterday we had an amazing day at the Houston Zoo. It was a beautiful day and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Cameron had an absolute ball. He was just mesmerized by everything. He really enjoyed the Elephants and the Chimps. Unfortunately they didn't have any Gorilla's like we thought and we had just missed the Dinosaur exhibit. However, I am pretty sure that we saw everything! It took us a good three hours to go through it. We also got to see Reliant Stadium where the Houston Texans play and got to see the Houston Medical Center. It may not seem like something to "see" but it was quite impressive. Knowing that some of the world's best doctors are here in Houston.

Also, Herman Park was beautiful! A lake with a water fall in the middle, ducks all around, a little train that takes you around the Zoo and just the pure beauty of being outside on a perfect fall day. It was a perfect family day. Afterwards we were super tired and hungry, and thanks to my sweet hubby, who had already purchased gift cards to several restaurants that we knew we wanted to eat at;  we ate at Joe's Crab Shack! It was SOO good! I enjoyed that meal for sure. I had some wonderful crab! Justin and I split a Steam Pot full of Red potatoes, corn on the Cobb, sausage (he and Cam ate that) and Crab! Yum! Oh my goodness. It was very satisfying. However, we got the pot for two and I wouldn't recommend that. You can easily get an appetizer, and split the pot of yummy-ness and get a dessert without feeling like a stuffed turkey! We had a to-go-box FULL of leftovers. We took it to his dad because we didn't have a way to heat it up today. So good... after that we came back to our room and relaxed after a very long wonderful day. Today Cameron and I are hanging out at the room while Justin is working. He should be home in a little while. I am trying to finish this post before Cameron wakes up because his new thing is to sit in my lap while I am on the computer and sit and look at the screen as closely as possibly, making it impossible to do anything on here! LOL


Herman Park
I got this picture from the Internet because I wanted you all to see!  
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment