Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I am excited about this coming year! Another chapter in my life. A baby that's going to be here in 14 weeks or less! A precious little boy who will be turning two in less than 2.5 months, and life as I know it will once again completely change. I cannot imagine loving another child as much as I love Cameron, but at the same time I cannot describe the love that I already feel for Landon.

However, I am not really one to make the typical "New Year's Resolution" because I know that I won't keep them. Yes, the first step in accepting it is confessing it first. Lol.

I do have several things that I would like to accomplish this year. I have several friends who have "words for the year" and I have been seriously considering it for quite some time. So, instead of considering, I have come up with a word! This word has been on my heart for long time and it's something that I know I need to incorporate more into my day. Prayer.

Prayer is my word for 2013!

Cameron is also beginning to enjoy praying. He loves praying before we eat and especially at bedtime, even nap time! If Justin and I pray with him after we read with him at night, he still wants to pray once he is in his bed, his baby under arm (His"Baby" is a little blanket doll that's a puppy he has had since he was 7 or 8 months old, and can't go to sleep without it), and covers pulled up! That's when he thinks we are supposed to say night prayers. It melts this Mommy's heart! At each meal he will grab my hands, squeeze his eyes as tight as he can while bowing his head with a huge grin on his face ready to say the blessing. It's adorable!

Earlier this summer I ran across a wonderful post on my friend Katie's blog, prayer flowers! She has many great idea's on teaching little ones. So, I took this great idea and created my own pot of flowers! Cameron loves it. He has always enjoyed looking at pictures, but now I know I can teach him to pray for specific people using these "flowers".  Thank you, Katie!



Also, I have incorporated this book into our day! This is one of the greatest books for boys, in my personal opinion. He got up this morning saying "car, car, car" because one of the characteristics of
God's Little Boy is being 'Helpful' and helping in washing the "car, car, car"! He was so excited to show me the book this morning. He is such a wonderful little blessing in my life.

But Jesus said,
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them;
for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."
                                                                                           Matthew 19:14

There are many things that I want to do and to accomplish with Cameron this year, but most of all I want God to be the center of our day. One of my Christmas gifts from Prince Charming this year was  a stereo! I have wanted one for some time now, so that I can play worship music throughout the day for Cameron and myself. I read recently that part of the mother's responsibility is to set the tone of the house for the day. I love that idea. It is calming, relaxing, and worshipful. Not to mention PRAYING!

As I set this New Year off I want more than anything for God to come first, my husband second and then my children! I pray God's will for our life and that he will guide and direct us in the direction he wants for us in 2013!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
                                          Jeremiah 29:11
 
Happy New Year, Everyone!

P.S. Folks, I apologize that there is so much white at the bottom of this post. It isn't showing on my post here where I can fix it.





























No comments:

Post a Comment