Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Little Helper

Cameron is at the age where he loves to help, and for this I am so thankful. However as most of you know it can be more of a hinderance than a help. I know it may seem a little young but I have decided that with a new one on the way in just a few short months (I will be 30 weeks on Monday!), I will set aside a few "chores" for him to do. I know from potty-training that he loves stickers and enjoys seeing his rewards 'pile' up on his charts. So, he has 3 small "chores" that he helps with. Picking up shoes and putting them away, pick up his toys, and picking up his books. These are chores that need to be started now, and the fact that he loves doing them, I know will help me when Landon arrives.

One night earlier this week I was making dinner and rolling out some dough and he would not leave me alone. So, I thought he is big enough to stand here and act like he is helping.You would have thought he made the whole dinner! That sweet boy just stood there and pinched, pulled apart, and smashed that little ball of dough I gave him until dinner was ready! This is the first time that I have attempted this and I am so thankful that it was a plesant experience. Lol.

I know that men wear aprons and even though it may sound a bit 'girly', I am going to find some boyish material and make him his own little apron! Debbie and I wear one every time we are in the kitchen and he has to put on ours. So, here he is wearing my apron playing with the dough.


I am showing him how to "roll" the dough.
He loves Patty-cakes and I was showing him how
we "roll'em up, roll'em up".
 
Giving it a try himself.
 
Watching how Mommy does it ...

"See, see" ... showing us his working so proudly.

Serious about his work!

Happy to be helping Mommy!
 
Who wouldn't love a handsome cook like this one??



 

No comments:

Post a Comment