Monday, January 28, 2013

Cam-School

I have to say that I am really excited about this particular post. I have been searching, gathering, and sorting through what I wanted to start doing with Cameron where his 'education' is concerned. A lot of them are small activities that I can do with him when Landon arrives. However, I know that there will be a transition with all of us. Since Cameron has had the attention of 3 adults his entire life I am trying to gather learning activities, crafts and things that I can do one on one with him.

One of the things that I am starting is a Letter Of The Week. I will interject here to say that we already have Bible every morning after breakfast, and we use prayer flowers to pray for as many people as he wants to. He loves to pray! Instead of having one Letter Of the Week, I am going to concentrate on it for two weeks while introducing the other ones. I am going to be adding Bible verses (I am using this as a reference but adding my own), numbers, shapes and colors. I believe that I first found Letter Of The Week on Pinterest, but I am not sure. I feel like I have seen it before while just surfing the Internet. It really doesn't matter where I found it, just that I did and I think it is a cool way to introduce each letter. I have lots of things things to help him learn his ABC's. We have a puzzle, blocks, a LeapFrog Phonics set, flash cards and I don't know what else! I have been slowly collecting these things. Most of them have been gifts and I am so thankful for those who have thought of us and given such great gifts!

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that a busy toddler is a happy toddler. It went something like that. Cameron is a very active toddler and I want to try and keep as much structure in his day as I possibly can. It may not take very long to do some of these activities, but at least it will keep him busy! I have been finding books on Amazon that I think Cameron would like and making a "book list" for him.

I also want to make it a point to take Cameron outside and play every day once it warms up a bit. Sidewalk chalk, bubbles (which he loves), gardening, a pool when it warms up and anything else I can think of for us to do!

Well, I just wanted to post really quickly today. Here are a few pictures of Cameron playing outside last week when it was warmer.

He would much rather push something than ride it!

Just when I think he is getting so big, he looks so small still!
 

Finally riding his tractor.

 

What Mom?

Looking at my dead Aloe plant, haha.
 
These days only make me want Spring to hurry up,
I have Spring Fever badly!
Happy Monday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment