Monday, February 11, 2013

Cameron & his new baby

I think I had mentioned a while back that I was getting Cameron a boy baby doll, and that I was going to take it to the hospital and give it to him when he came to visit Landon. I was going to give it to him before he left so he would have "a baby" to take care of.

Well, it didn't really happen like I wanted it to. The package came. I was so excited! I was opening the box and Justin came in to see my box of goodies. Cameron was in the other room playing until he heard me opening the plastic, he came running! (He usually thinks this means food. You can literally rattle a paper from anywhere in the house and he comes running to see what it is.) So I was trying to be very quiet but the plastic wouldn't cooperate. I pulled out the little doll, still hoping it could be a surprise, but I couldn't hide it quick enough. So I turned and showed it to him. I had also ordered him a new book and tried to give it to him after he had 'just looked' at the baby. The book was tossed aside (he literally threw it on the floor), grabbed the baby and said "Oh bebe, oh bebe, aw bebe"!

 After that, I couldn't not give it to him. He immediately put the baby on his shoulder and while he was walking away he was patting it on the back and loving it. It was the most precious thing I have ever heard and seen. He immediatley went over to his vacuum and started showing him how to vacuum! I died laughing! It just showed me where his little heart is and no matter how rowdy and rough he can be, he has the most tender little heart that loves so deeply. It was the most precious moment, and I am so glad I was able to witness it!

I honestly didn't think that he would take to it so much, but he wakes up with him, totes him everywhere and will not let the doll become unwrapped from his blanket! Haha.

So, here are some pictures that I was able to capture right after Baby Ben arrived. Melts this Mama's heart!



Love'n on "bebe" Ben

This is the same spot I sit in when I hold him.

Giving Baby Ben kisses. :)


Pointing out "body parts". Eyes. Nose.

This is where we do a lot of reading. Cameron loves to sit on the
arm of the chair.(Since I have run out of room in my lap, haha)
 So just like him, Baby Ben gets to sit there just like he does!

Ears!

"See, see"
 (Showing him the picture of the trucks)


I made Baby Ben a "bed" out of one of those leftover
hospital tubs they send you home with.
 He had to watch the car show with him.
 
 
 
(Sorry these are out of order!)
 
And that's the story of "Baby Ben" ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment