Monday, March 4, 2013

A Special Bond

Every parent has a special bond with their child, but I can honestly say
I never thought in my wildest dreams my husband and son would have the bond they have. Let me
re-phrase it, I never knew how deep a bond could be! How special it is until I see them together. It absolutely blesses me to see watch it played out in every day life.
Not just read about how it should be.
 
I love the story of Abraham. I can honestly say that I am not sure I would have enough faith to sacrifice my son! To give up what God had been promising for years, then to sacrifice that promise. To know he was going to do that and knowing he had enough faith in God to do so is unimaginable to us today. We cannot grasp in our carnal minds even the thought of it. Oh, the emotions he must have been going through climbing up that mount. It breaks my heart, but knowing the end result is a sacrifice being given to you! Only God can give that!
 
I see this tiny little boy who God has given me to raise and love with everything that I am,
I can only praise Him! I also see the love that his earthly father has for him and I can only imagine how much our Father must love us. Being a parent brings a whole new perspective into my relationship with our Heavenly Father.
 
I am so thankful for my family.
A husband who loves so deeply and a son who is our entire joy,
 and the joy of another on the way!
I feel like the richest woman in the world.
 
Playing in the snow.

And loving every minute of it! :)

Storm has loved this weather.

Just resting in the snow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment