Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Baby Update

It has been a while since I have updated on the baby and our progress.
As of yesterday I am 37 weeks pregnant. We have now hit our stride where we are at every week appointments and since last week's 'episode' I now have to go twice a week to the hospital for a non-stress test. You may be wondering what 'episode' means.
 
With Cameron I developed pre-eclampsia at almost 37 weeks,
 I actually delivered him to the day. I had my doctor's appointment Thursday and it all started Wednesday night. I was feeling horrible! A bad headache, nausea, lots of pressure, contractions every few minutes, dizziness, started swelling- you name it and I was feeling it. I get up and ready, and had Justin go to the doctor's with me because I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Well, it just so happens that I had every sign of the pre-eclampsia and the doctor sent me on over to the hospital to evaluate me and to run a 24 hour test to make sure they didn't need to induce and deliver. So this is why I have to go the hospital twice a week for a NST on top of keeping my regular appointments.
 
This morning I had my first NST and everything was perfectly fine! My blood pressure, the baby moving around and his heart rate. I feel so blessed. Yes, I want to have this baby and I am tired of being pregnant. Yep, I said it. I am done being pregnant. I feel so blessed to be able to have healthy children but with some of the side affects that I have had - bad back pain, restless leg syndrome on top of twitching/jumping legs, a numb side if I lay the wrong way just to name a few... I am ready to have him. I don't wish him here before he needs to be but I am more than ready/anxious to have him. I feel restless sometimes. To the point I get up and clean because I can't relax! The desire to have him becomes so overwhelming sometimes that I just have to sit down and take deep breaths. I am as ready as I can possibly be. My bag is packed and everything is all set to go!
 
I will keep you all updated as I can!
 
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment