Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sweet Boy's 2nd Birthday

They say a picture is worth a thousand words ... Well, I have quite a bit to share with you. I had been trying to come up with something to do special for his birthday - on his birthday. I could not have planned this and it turned out as wonderfully as it did.

My mother had been planning on coming to a conference here in Missouri and wasn't quite sure of her plans, but she was able to be here for Cam's 2nd birthday- on his birthday. It just happened that my sweet baby brother (who is much taller than I am now) and baby sister were able to come out too.

So, we were actually able to have a party! I had been planning on taking Cameron to the Zoo or Chuck-E-Cheese, somewhere fun for him. I am so glad that it turned out the way it did - with family being here. It was so much more than I could have asked for. I am still going to have him a party, but Landon will be here and it won't be "all about him". I wanted so badly for it to be about him and to be able to just celebrate his wonderful little life without everyone making over the baby at the same time. I know he wouldn't even know the difference, but I would, and it means SO much to me that we were able to celebrate him and delight in his being part of our family for 2 years!

All that to say, we had a wonderful day playing with aunts, uncles, brothers and grandma's! We thoroughly enjoyed having family here! It was a wonderful 2nd birthday!
 
Here's to the Birthday Boy!!

Our decorations were a bit minimal for now, but we hung the banner,
blew up some balloons and I hung up the birthday balloon wreath.


"Hands, Mama, Hands"
Not sure why he was showing them to me, but it was cute.

The Birthday Cake
 
Waiting Oh-So patiently :)
 
Loving the attention that the Happy Birthday song is bringing!
 
My all time favorite picture!!
I don't think I will ever forget this look and
I am so glad we were able to capture it on film!

He did such a great job blowing out the candle.
 
A little off-center but still a cute picture with the balloons.

Diggin on in :)
 He didn't even get any chocolate cake on him!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment