Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm Alive

Since there seems to be huge controversey these days about abortion, I wanted to share with you all this poem my husband wrote. My husband has a  love for our Lord and Saviour unlike any man I have seen in an extremely long time. This is a poem he wrote before we even met, and I promise it will bring you to tears.
 
 

I'm Alive (Abortion)

You took my future, you took my life,
My days were ended at the edge of the knife.

In your womb I had no chance,
You made up your mind and took your stance.

I thought you loved me, that's why I'm here,
Did I do something wrong, am I your fear?

I have arms, legs and hands to touch,
Given the chance, I would have loved you so much.

With your heartbeat I jumped for joy,
You have thought of me nothing, not even a toy.

My love inside of you was very strong,
You took me to the doctor and did me wrong.

Why do you hate me, what have I done?
Would I have made you stay home and spoiled your fun?

In your life I would have been your light,
You made your decision, this was my last night.

I had no strength, I could not fight,
You took their support and thought they were right.

I felt the blade pierce through my heart,
You knew I would die, right from the start.

You made your choice; you had your way,
You thought of yourself and for that I had to pay.

I now live in the kingdom of Gods glory,
As you walk this earth ashamed of your story.

No more pains and no more sorrow,
My Father has given me a future and a promised tomorrow.

I am his and he is mine,
I was his baby before there was time.

If you repent I will see you again,
Give him your life and turn from your sin.

Please if you would, do this for me,
You are my Mommy and will always be.

I need you Mommy in this Promised Land,
Give your life to Jesus and you will know where I am.

In his kingdom, your all that I see,
Mommy, do you ever think of me?

- Justin Thomley

No comments:

Post a Comment