Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Very Proud Mommy!

Yesterday, my mother-in-law took the day off so that we could do some Christmas shopping. Since we knew it wasn't as croweded as we knew and it would be a mad house on the weekend. Thankfully I was able get Justin completed! We have just a few more things to get for the boy's and then we are done! He is going to lay new tile flooring in Debbie's kitchen for her Christmas. We also have a small gift for her to open.

Let me just begin by saying that it is an hour to go shop anywhere besides Wal-Mart! It hate that part. I was nervous about taking Cameron all that way without wearing a diaper. However, I let him go potty before we left the house and he rode all the way to Springfield without wetting his pants! We stopped to eat breakfast and after we ate he went potty in the restroom. Of course this entailed me taking off his shoes, pants and underwear so that I could sit him backwards to potty. A little bit of a chore, but that's okay. He went!

So, we then were off to our first store! Where he had his frist accident. Yes, he had one. I was bummed but I had gotten so distracted looking at adorable ornaments that I didn't pay attention to his grunts and pulls. My fault! After leaving there we made the trip over to the mall. Where he went the entire time and didn't go potty until our next trip to the bathroom. I was thrilled. Again, I had to completely undress him to let him go but I was so proud I didn't care!

After hours there we went on to our last store, Target. Poor guy was a little restless and I just thought it was because he was tired, but he eventually just sat there in the cart and had an accident. Just so you all know, it didn't go every where and the seat was dry. We then got some pull-ups because I had no more clean undies with me and he was past tired since he had missed his afternoon nap. He still takes a 2-2 1/2 hour nap each day. Poor guy was exhausted from being hauled all over Springfield.

All this to say, two accidents which were my fault, a little boy who has been shopping with his mommy and grand-mommy all day and that's all the accidents for the first big outing since being potty trained?! I AM PROUD! Haha ....

Just had to share our success.

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment